Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The One with the Proposal (Part 2)

So we had gotten to the morning of our third day in Vegas. We had one more night, and I had been told that I had to pack up allllll my things and that I was being "sent" somewhere that morning.

It turns out that "somehwhere" was the Bellagio salon! MM had booked me a surprise manicure!! (Collective "awww"....NOW!) You can see where my crazy girl-brain was going with all this. Even my manicurist asked "...so is he going to propose??" ("I don't want to jinx it." I had replied.)

So I come out of my manicure with some pretty french tips, and I am ready to find out what this whole packing business was about. MM meets me in the lobby, and asks me to accompany him to our new room.

...And by room, I mean PENTHOUSE SUITE.

This photo absolutely does not do it justice, but I didn't want to bore you with real estate.
Yes, it had a living and dining area, wet bar, 2 and a HALF BATHROOMS, a sauna in the shower, and a bidet! (If you've never tried a bidet, it's....interesting.) AND to top it all off, from the 30th floor, we had the perfect view of the Bellagio fountains. ZOMG, I was over the moon.
How awesome is this view??
MM has the biggest grin on his face, and says "I think Vegas should be full of surprises."

After I have sufficiently played in every room (yes, I am that person that opens every drawer. Is that weird?), MM suggests that we have dinner in the room tonight, because of our fantabulous view. "But we should still dress up," he adds, maybe when he sees my crestfallen face at the idea of just eating in our PJs. What can I say, I am a girl who likes getting dolled up.

Our fancy duds weren't completely out of place, though--where else does room service provide you with a tablecloth, fresh flowers, and a bread basket?? Oh, and the steaks were restaurant quality as well. Highly recommended for your next penthouse stay ;)

All dressed up
A shoddy picture of our delicious room service fare
So as we ate dinner, we enjoyed the beautiful Bellagio fountain shows, scheduled for every fifteen minutes until midnight.

*Sigh* I love these fountains
Well, about halfway through dinner, the fountains broke. MM and I waited patiently for them to restart, but even upon finishing our meals, still no shows. MM called down to the front desk to inquire, and was given the flimsy answer of: "Oh, it's pretty windy. There might be another show in fifteen minutes." Another thirty minutes pass. No show. I am starting to get frustrated that we can't enjoy our view to its fullest potential, when MM just sighs and says, "Well, let's just do something else, then, but let's enjoy the view down the strip at least, for a little bit longer. Come join me at the window."

So I get up, and I face the window, with MM behind me. "So this has been a really great three and a half years with you," he starts. And my mind just starts swimming. My girl-brain thinks of something appropriate to do or say, and it comes up with Finding Nemo. Yes, you read correctly. During my proposal, I started rambling about a PIXAR MOVIE. I stammer about the crabs in Finding Nemo for a couple minutes before MM gives me a look that says "Can I finish please??"

He continues with what I can only assume is a very romantic speech about our relationship (because I was so overwhelmed I can't remember a single thing after the Finding Nemo bit).....and as I am still facing the window, I see his reflection in the plate glass window take a step back, then get down on one knee.

I turn, and he is holding up the most gorgeous ring I could have ever imagined. "Will you marry me?" And after several seconds of bawling (yes, not just crying, but BAWLING) and fanning myself, I manage to make out "YES!!"

And this is our obligatory immediately-post-proposal picture (with champagne we had promptly ordered from room service):

Deliriously happy
Obligatory night-of ring pic
And we both lived happily ever after!




....o wait, isn't there something that comes before?? Up next: wedding planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment