Sunday, July 24, 2011

2 Awesome Things

A couple things happened today that totes made my day.

1. I ran into MM on my way to work.

It's tough both being residents and sometimes having completely opposite schedules. BUT, when we're lucky, and those shifts happen to be opposite on a weekend, because I get to go into work an hour later, MM and I will run into each other by the elevator in our building, and we have a quick hug/kiss/howareyou in the hall.

Michelle Au talked about this public rendez-vous between her and her husband doc in her book This Won't Hurt A Bit.

Fun read. Buy it here.
Who would have thought an extra five minutes could be so crucial??

2. An attending doctor got distracted by my ring.

I was casually talking to a consultant today, and mid-sentence, he points to my left hand and exclaims, "Whoa-ho!! Look at THAT!" I blush and thank him, adding that my wonderful fiance picked it out himself.

Attending: Well it's beautiful!
Me: Thank you!
Senior resident: Yes, and her fiance is a resident too.
Attending: Well does he rob banks on the side??
Me: Not that I'm aware!

So good job, MM! This baby is getting attention from everybody!!


Yay! What little things make your day?

1 comment:

  1. Imagine my surprise when I came across this little gem of a blog!! Very cute! Peek-a-boo! :)

    ReplyDelete